February 2, 2017
The John V. Roach Honors College is offering Honors students the opportunity to submit a paper or poster for presentation (if accepted) at the 2017 National Collegiate Honors Council (NCHC) annual conference in Atlanta, GA (November 8- 12, 2017). If NCHC selects your proposal for presentation, you will travel to Atlanta with faculty and staff from the John V. Roach Honors College, and we will cover your travel, lodging, and some meals.
- Are current second- or third-year Honors students who are graduating no earlier than December 2017.
- Should have a well-developed topic/paper/project in any discipline and be ready to submit a presentation proposal (for either a paper or poster) to NCHC by Monday, March 13, 2017.
- Students who choose to present research papers must also be ready to submit their completed papers to NCHC by March 28, 2017.
- Do not have to be pursuing Departmental Honors (i.e., thesis track).
- Students selected to present at the conference have a responsibility to present their research and/or share their conference experience on campus at a venue to be determined at a later date.
- We welcome any topic in any academic discipline.
- There are no specific research and/or length requirements.
- Each accepted student will have 15 minutes to discuss his/her research during a Student Interdisciplinary Research Panel made up of 3-4 students.
- For more information about the NCHC Conference and Student Interdisciplinary Research Panel presentations, please expand the “Student Interdisciplinary Research Panel” menu at this link.
- We welcome any topic in any academic discipline—can be creative and fun to showcase work.
- Recommended maximum size is 36”x48”.
- Accepted posters will be on display for two hours and students will answer questions during this time.
- For more information about the NCHC Conference and poster presentations, click here.
**More details about the NCHC Conference are available here.**
Steps to apply for this opportunity:
- By 5:00 p.m., Friday, February 17, use this link to notify the Honors College of your interest in presenting at the NCHC Conference.
- An Honors College committee will review all applications and then select students to move forward with the submission process. Students will be notified about selection by Monday, February 27.
- Proposals for posters AND research papers are due by March 13.
- Selected students will submit their research papers to NCHC by March 28.
- NCHC will review all student submissions and select outstanding papers for conference presentations.
If you have any questions, please email Colby Birdsell, Honors College Coordinator.