John V. Roach Honors College faculty are teacher/scholars, meaning scholarship is an important part of their job.
Here are some recent publications and presentations by Honors faculty:
- Akagi, M. (2017). Rethinking the Problem of Cognition. Synthese,1007/s11229-017-1383-2.
- Akagi, M. (2016). Cognition in Practice: Conceptual Development and Disagreement in Cognitive Science. Dissertation. Pittsburgh, PA: University of Pittsburgh.
- Beller, J.A., Hering, T.M. & Snow, D.M. (2014). High-throughput quantitative assay for analyzing neurite outgrowth on a uniform substratum: The cell-substratum assay. J.B. Leach and E.M. Powell (eds.) Neuromethods: Extracellular Matrix. New York: Humana Press.
- Burczak, T., Garnett, R. & McIntyre, R. (Accepted; 2017). Knowledge, Class and Economics. Routledge.
- Dennis, M. (Accepted; pub. 2017). The Dunhuang Manuscripts Nai 93 and Tama 24: An Exploration of Questions of Authorship, Text, and Value in Relation to Prince Shōtoku’s Shōmangyō-gisho. Manuscript Studies.
- Dennis, M. (2017). Reimagining the Relationship Between Authorship and Textual Value in Prince Shōtoku’s Sangyō-gisho. Textual vs. Extra-Textual: Dynamics of Religious Authority in East Asian Buddhism. Brill.
- Dennis, M. (2016). Enlivened Learning: How to Play the Karma-based Moksha Game in the College Classroom. Education About Asia, 5-8.
- Garnett, R. (Accepted; pub. 2017). Adam Smith’s Oikeiōsis Adam Smith Review, 10.
- Garnett, R. (2016). Ethics and Learning in Undergraduate Economics Education. Considerations on Professional Economic Ethics: Views from the Economics Profession and Beyond. DeMartino, G. & McCloskey, D. (eds.). 714-733. Oxford University Press.
- Hering, T.M., Beller, J.A., Calulot, C.M., Centers, A. & Snow, D.M. (2015). Proteoglycans of reactive rat cortical astrocyte cultures: Abundance of N-unsubstituted glucosamine-enriched heparan sulfate. Matrix Biology, 41:8-18. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.matbio.2014.11.006
- John, S. (2016). Ramiro Guerra, the father of Cuban Modern Dance. Routledge Online Encyclopedia of Modernism. New York: Routledge, Taylor & Francis.
- John, S. (2016). The Dancer’s Guide to Cuba. Dance Magazine.
- John, S. (2015). “Narciso Medina,” Dictionary of Caribbean and Afro-Latin American Biography. Oxford University Press.
- Lauer, L. (2016). The Transition Academy: Seizing Opportunity in the Age of Disruption. CASE Books.
- Lauer, L. (2017). Making Our CASE in a Changing World. Reimagining CASE. Council for the Advancement and Support of Education.
- Lemmon, V.P., Ferguson, A.R., Popovich, P.G., Xu, X.M., Snow, D.M., Igarashi, M., Beattie, C.E. & Bixby, J.L. (2014). Information about a Spinal Cord Injury Experiment: A Proposed Reporting Standard for Spinal Cord Injury Experiments. Neurotrauma, 31:1354–1361. http://dx.doi.org/10.1089/neu.2014.3400
- Szok, P. (2014). Restuarantes, rumba y más: Gringo’s Guide to Latino Fort Worth. Fort Worth, TX: TCU Press.
- Williams, D. (2016). Her Book The Only Hope She Had: Self and Sovereignty in the Narratives of Ann Carson. McLeer Balkun, M. and Imbarrato, S.C. (eds.) Women’s Narratives of the Early Americas and the Formation of Empire. New York: Palsgrave Macmillan.
- Williams, W. (2017). Free-and-Easy, Japanesey: British Perceptions of the 1885 Japanese Village. Felluga, D.F. (ed.). BRANCH: Britain, Representation and Nineteenth-Century History. Extension of Romanticism and Victorianism on the Net.
- Williams, W. (2017). ‘So Very Japanny’: The British Reception of The Mikado in 1885. Franco Felluga, D. (ed.) BRANCH: Britain, Representation and Nineteenth-Century History. Extension of Romanticism and Victorianism on the Net.
- Williams, W. (2016). George Eliot: Unsung Poet of Sympathy. Critical Insights: George Eliot. Ed. Peel. K.R. (ed.) Pasadena, CA: Salem Press.
- Vartabedian, S. (Accepted; pub. 2017). No Cause for Comfort Here: False Witnesses to ‘Peace.’ Southern Communication Journal.
- Vartabedian, S. & Drumheller, K. (2017). Moral Mapping: Transcendence in Religious Iconography. Journal of Communication and Religion, 39(4).
Faculty Creative Activity
- Havana Love Letters (Cartas De Amor). Chor. and libretto by John, S. Score by Diamond, J. Bertolt Brecht Theater, Havana. 3-4 June 2016. Performance.